Viimeinen neuvostoliitossa (ennen ww-2 sota) kehitetty raskas SU-vaunu oli SU-100U
Siinä oli kiinteä torni. Vaunu oli käytössä talvisota karjalan kannas taisteluissa.

Näitä suuria ennen sotaa rakennettuja vaunuja Puna-armeija käytti vain yksittäin ja niiden valmistusmäärät oli hyvin pieniä, vain prototyypit valmistettiin.   

Kaikki suuret SU-vaunut oli tarkoitettu vahvojen bunkkerien tuhoamiseen.

Kotipaikka: Neuvostoliitto
Käyttö: Talvisota 1940
Tuotanto historia: Suunniteltu 1939
Numero rakennettu: 1
Paino: 64 tonnia
Panssarointi: 60 mm (edessä)
Tykki: 130 mm laivasto tykki Br3,  ammukset 30 kpl, lähtönopeus 960 m/sec.
MG: 3 x 7,62 mm 

Egine: 10 sylinterinen diesel, 890 hv (655 kW)
Runko: T-100 tank.
Miehistö: 6  
Pituus: 10,90 m
Leveys: 3,40 m
Korkeus: 3,29 m
The SU-100Y was a Soviet prototype self-propelled gun, developed from the prototype T-100 tank. It was developed during the Winter War with Finland to include a 152 mm gun to destroy concrete defensive structures like bunkers and anti-tank obstacles. 
It did not see service before the end of the war but was brought into use in the Second World War in defence of Moscow.
In the early 1940s an attempt was made in the Soviet Union to mount the 130 mm B-13 gun on a tank chassis. After Winter War one of the T-100 tank prototypes was refitted with a hull mounted 130 mm B-13 gun. This vehicle was known as SU-100Y Self-Propelled Gun and the prototype was used in action during the Battle of Moscow. The prototype survived the war and is now on display in Kubinka Tank Museum.
In December 1939, the Northwest Command of the Red Army requested that the N°185 factory develop a vehicle based on the T-100. The vehicle had not only to operate as a self-propelled gun, but also to be used to lay bridges, transport explosives, and recover tanks destroyed or damaged on the battlefield. 

130 mm F50 B13 Pattern 1936

During the development of this vehicle, the ABTU proposed to mount the large, high velocity 152 mm cannon on the T-100 in order to give it the capacity to destroy bunkers and other strong fixed fortifications. The plant manager at N°185 proposed to stop the development of the prototype to use T-100 as a self-propelled gun armed with the 100 and 130 mm naval guns. This idea was accepted and on January 8, 1940, the plans of the T-100-X were finalized and sent to the Izhorskyi factory. 

The T-100-X had a box-shaped fighting compartment and was equipped with the 130 mm B-13 naval gun. For mobility, kept the torsion bar suspension system, as was the trend in modern tanks of the day. During the development of the prototype the shape of the fighting compartment was modified to reduce ammunition loading times. The new design was the SU-100Y (sometimes called T-100 there). 

The designs of the SU-100Y were sent to the Izhorskyi factory on February 24, 1940 and assembly began on the first of the month. The self-propelled gun was tested for the first time on March 14. As the Winter War was finished, the SU-100Y never saw combat.

During the Winter War it was proposed to modernize the T-100 with a more powerful armament, the 152 mm M-10 gun, able to destroy concrete structures, particularly in dragon's teeth, a common anti-tank measure amongst Europe's fixed fortifications during World War II. A new turret to accommodate the 152 mm howitzer was implemented around March 1940. 

This new model was designated T-100-Z. However this project was abandoned because of KV-1 and the 152mm equipped KV-2 tanks were superior. In April 1940, the N°185 factory proposed a self-propelled gun (prototype 103) for coastal defence based on the T-100 and armed with the B-13 130 mm naval gun installed in a rotating turret with three 7.62 mm machine-guns. This project never went beyond the drawing boards.

When work was stopped on the T-100 project, the SU-100Y was transported to Kubinka in the summer of 1940. In November 1941, at the most critical moment of battle in the suburbs of Moscow, the SU-100Y, together with the 152 mm gun armed experimental SU-14 and Su-14-1, was pressed into service in an Independent Artillery Division for Special Duties. 

Further information of the combat record of the unit has not been made known. Unlike its base model (T-100), the SU-100Y prototype survived the war and is a part of the collection at the Kubinka Tank Museum.

6 kommenttia:

  1. It seems in the 30s and 40s the soviets were Designing and building a lot of AFV, much more than the Germans, who are famous for such things

    1. Hi, S-C
      Did not you know.
      It was the Soviet Union was the one who kehtti panssarivavijäutut and was always a pioneer since 1925 - when T-72 coming
      The french is second biggest tank army in wold (1930-1941)
      Usa the lowest, only 94 (1940) first line (ight tank)
      Today soviet tanks are 20-25 tonnes lighter, shallow, faster and more powerful
      like the west-tanks.
      But: They use the tower of the West fine Mechanics and Electronik some

  2. I would love to visit the Kubinka Tank Museum, I have been to the one in Sofia Bulgaria and the Tank museum in Dorset England, It's strange to stand beside the machines and think about the poor guys that had to ride them into battle

    1. Very interesting
      Come here...!
      Parola Tank Museum (see net)
      is a popular place.
      Sherman, Comet, Charioteer, T34, JSU 152 KV-1 KV-2, Stu 3-Panzer-4
      and many more Small sizes...

  3. Vastaukset
    1. Hello J-C
      Yes, it's bigger like KV-2
      KV-2 weight is 54 tons, turret weight is 12 tons including
      This monster is some 65 - 70 tons


Any explosive ammunition or empty cores, you can put in this.